The Wanamaker School Community will provide a safe learning environment that will prepare all students with the necessary
skills to function and prosper in an ever-changing and diverse society.
In order to accomplish our mission the following will be developed in all students:
- academic, physical, emotional, and social growth
- critical and creative thinking
- effective communication skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking)
- problem solving skills
- collaboration skills
- positive character traits
- understanding of cultural diversity
- appreciation for the fine arts
- an awareness of current events
- self-motivated, lifelong learning
Want to learn more about Wanamaker Elementary? Click on the image below to learn about the history of our school.
As per district policy, all exterior doors are locked at the start of the school day. Visitors must enter through the front exterior doors,
pass through the main office, and are required to check-in and wear a visitor's pass while on the property. In addition, many security
cameras exist throughout the premises.
In order to create a safe learning environment, USD 437 does not allow certain items on school grounds. Any person in violation
will be reported to the school officials and possibly the police. Banned items include, but are not limited to:
- Tobacco Products
- Drugs and Drug Paraphernalia
Any questions regarding this policy should be directed towards the school principal.